Tuesday, August 25, 2009

A-LOOP - FREE TRACK , MIX & NAKEDNESS

Yo Yo!

This is my first post here on the Mind the Gap blog, and I'm buzzed to be on here! I've seen some great contributions from some great artists, both Irish and International here (Jay Robinsons' stuff was blistering!), this blog is gonna be hot!!

So this first post will be about me (mostly!). I've been DJ'ing for quite some time in Dublin now, and I've played various styles under various names. I've supported the likes of Don Rimini, A1 Bassline, Felix Cartal, Bloody Beetroots, Electric Soulside. However now I've gotten a chance to focus on the music I love, and thus I've started this solo production project: A-LOOP

The music I love is all things deep and house. My sets are filled with tech-house grooves and bouncy fidget-house drums. If it's dark and gets your neck groovin', I'll play it. Some of my favorite artists at the moment are... Style of Eye, NOOB, Laidback Luke, Santiago + Bushido, Kyle Watson, Mightyfools, Schenk and Bingo Players...

Okay, so I'm rambling! Here's what you guys came for, some FREEBIES!!

FREE TRACKS::

A-LOOP - Towers

This is my 1st jab at production, and for this I've made an ambient, chuggy tech-fest track with a Balearic influence. Something to be played early in the night to get a dance floor warmed up. Plenty of timbre and organic drums in here.

A-LOOP - Mighty Eats

This is my second track and I've kept to a tech-house theme. A warm bassline rings with a whistle high-line to get the track moving, but soon turns into a fidgety surprise. Again my love of percussion is obvious here.

FREE MIX::
This is my take on the 'early doors' mix. Too many DJ's are banging it out at 130bpm with Bloody Beetroots and Crookers and Deadmau5 and you haven't even bought your 1st drink yet! You need to let the dance floor evolve, and give those people a chance to get their dancin' shoes on! I got a chance to support ELECTRIC SOULSIDE at the first Warm the Gap party in WAX, here's some of the tracks I got to play...
TRACKLIST
______
01. James Curd Feat J Dub - You Know What To Do (Derrick Carter Dub Mix)
02. Nozé - You Have To Dance (Mathias Kaden's Beatpolka Remix)
03. Mastiksoul ft. DJ Malvado - Kaombo
04. Jesse Rose - Touch My Horn
05. VV Brown - Shark in the Water (Zombie Disco Squad Remix)
06. Prztz - Nutdisco (Chris Duckenfield Remix)
07. Schenk - Keep It Rockin'
08. Mowgli - Just Be
09. Mightfools - Hey Babe
10. Nick Supply - Hiznhiz (Stupid Fresh Remix)
11. Aquilaganja - Funk Move Da Botty (Banga Remix)
12. Calvertron - Oscillator (Kyle Watson Remix)

No comments:

Post a Comment